About SCSI Online
The Southern California School of Interpretation has nearly 30 years of experience in training, testing, and educating interpreters. We specialize in preparing fully bilingual individuals in Spanish and English to be State Court, Medical and Professional Interpreters. SCSI Online launched in March, 2020, as the alternative to our well renowned former campus. As the leading online Spanish language interpreter training school, we follow one simple philosophy, “Provide the best online programs using the latest state-of-the-art technology applied to online interpreter training.”
Our Four Pillars of Education
• Provide excellence in training by providing our students with only qualified and certified instructors who are passionate about teaching and sharing their knowledge as consummate professionals in their field.
• Continually adopt the most advanced technology in our training programs to enhance our students' experience, offer convenient access to online lectures and language laboratory through our exclusive 2LIT® platform.
• Always offer the most affordable tuition with an array of free services and support to keep our new and continuing students well informed, focused and engaged in their studies.
• Train our students to be passionate about their education so they can graduate as knowledgeable, responsible, ethical and professional interpreters who will represent this school in their chosen field with the highest standards of professionalism.
Currently, over 85% of the candidates who become certified interpreters in the state of California are graduates of our programs. We also prepare students for the oral component of the Federal Court Interpreter examination. Our students’ pass rate in the state of California varies between 73% and 80%. Our students’ pass rate in the Federal Exam varies between 88% and 94%. We also offer continuing education courses approved by the Judicial Council of California for certified interpreters who need CIMCE credits.
The Southern California School of Interpretation was established in 1993 by our Founder and Director Mr. Néstor Wagner (M.S.A.A.). Since then, we have been the school with the highest pass rate of certified interpreters in California and Nevada. We have been offering online interpreting programs since 2006. We have trained over 5,000 online students who have joined the growing interpreting profession throughout the United States and abroad.
• New York City Mayor’s Office – We have trained many bilingual employees acting as volunteer interpreters and translators in New York City through a unique partnership with the New York City Mayor’s Office.
• University Medical Center of Southern Nevada – We trained, tested, and provided quality control for the University Medical Center in Southern Nevada.
• Arizona School Districts – We designed a one-of-a-kind training program for interpreters and translators for several school districts in the state of Arizona.
• HOAG Hospital – We designed a training program specifically tailored to train bilingual employees acting as interpreters for HOAG hospital in Newport Beach, CA.
• New York City Board of Education
• Los Angeles County Office of the Public Defender
• Los Angeles Unified School District
• Los Angeles County Department of Education
• Los Angeles County Parks and Recreation
• Cartwright School District, Phoenix, Az
• Conduit Language Specialists